Self-awareness is crucial and I often emphasize the importance of knowing your strengths, your weaknesses, how you react to certain situations or to some personalities or how a change in your environment can affect your mood. If you know these you make better decisions and they help you to set goals in your life as well. Last night I talked about the key points of getting to know yourself in my weekly Facebook live (in Hungarian) and in today’s article I collected 5 bunches of questions which you can do alone or with your bestie to learn a bit more about yourself. So without any further comment, here are some thought provoking questions for you:
1. Things that annoy you – which one(s) would you choose?
- Slow internet
- The unnecessary small talk
- Emotional, moody people
- If the train/bus/etc gets delayed
- If someone tries to talk to you with your headphones on
- Waiting in a queue
- Rude shop assistants
- If someone asks me instead of using Google
- Ads during movies
2. Which types attract you?
- Tattoos, piercings, cool looks
- Confident people
- Fun, humorous people
- Long hair
- Talkative, sociable ones
3. Which of these are true about you?
- I can’t remember names
- They often tell me to “relax”
- People often ask me if everything is all right because I’m quiet
- I need to get prepared mentally to make a phone call
- I don’t take it easy if someone cancels a plan
- I prefer working individually (and not in a team)
- I really need me-time
- I wish I had a poker face
- I love surprises
- I tend to postpone and procrastinate
4. Would you forgive/cope with if your partner…
- Wouldn’t allow you to wear certain clothes
- Cheated on you
- Was late all the time
- Didn’t tell where he spent the previous night
- Farted next to you
- Stalk you on social media
- Interrupted you while you talk
- Were moody
- Corrected you all the time
- Didn’t want you to go out without him
5. And finally a few deeper questions to think over:
- What would you definitely teach to your child?
- What is missing from your life?
- What things/people/habits would you like to get rid of?
- Finish the sentence: before I die, I definitely want….
- What do you always just talk about but never do?