As you may have seen on my social sites, I am preparing something big together with the #BoPoTribe (the body positive tribe I founded on and off Periscope). Being a body positive advocate I take harressment seriously, whether it is in the cyber world or offline, (cyber) bullying is not acceptable. My mission is to bring a shift in focus to the world where all women (and men) are celebrated and the opinion of others do not determine someone’s self-worth. However, social media has created a new opinion maker, a new breed of negativity and hatred, a new form of cyber-bully: the troll. Which represents hate and negativity.
I am sure many of you have experienced the effect of nasty comments and disrespectful online behavior. What if I tell you there is something you can do? What if I tell you we can silence the trolls, silence the hate, and speak up with positivity? If you are an individual who feels alone, who feels that you cannot express what you need to express- allow me to invite you to make history:
Let me introduce you to a worldwide 24 hours social media event, the WORLD ANTI TROLL DAY, on October 17, 2015. A day when social media influencers, celebrities, TV & media personalities, brands, magazines and journalists come together to demonstrate the power of the community. I invite you to take a stand with me and my bodypositive community, the #BoPoTribe and let’s make social media history! Let’s create a day without the hatred of trolls. A day when social media streams will be overloaded with content to silence the trolls; a day to raise awareness for the power and consequences of comments; a day to stand united against cyber bullying and make it the day to remember as we silence the hate!
How you can participate on October 17th?
- Take a picture which will tell more than a thousand words: hold your index finger in front of your lips, imitating a ”shh” pose to send the message: we silence the trolls! Post the picture on your Facebook page, Instagram field, Pinterest board or even better: on every of your social channels! Encourage your community to do the same by using the hashtag: #WATD to spread the love and silence the hate.
- We also have graphics available for you to share on any social media sites, please find them HERE to download! Use them on social media and tag @Bopotribe on Instagram or Twitter.
- Tell your opinion in a video message and upload it to your YouTube channel or Facebook newsfeed. Inspire others to step up and enjoy social media instead of being afraid what the keyboard warriors may think of them! Don’t forget to add the hashtag in the title: #WATD
- Publish an article on your blog/website about cyber bullying, trolls, your method to fight against them and remain your positive self. Invite your readers to participate, direct them to our Periscope event page www.WATDscope.com and to our Facebook event page HERE
- Make your own live broadcast and interact with the community, showing an example how to combat online negativity – join our 24 hour Periscope shows! To be part of the official schedule, please book your spot via our website: http://www.watdscope.com/
Join our official event page ( HERE and our FB group HERE ) and invite your online family because we may come from different facets of life but no one has the right to be hateful, humiliating and hurtful neither to you, your community nor me and my community!